Crotona International High School Summer 2018 CTE Internships and Programs

Crotona CTE students went for job interviews for the CTE ISP summer program. Congrats to Brinda and Julio who completed their CTE Industry Scholars program this summer! Congrats to Ali and Yasmine for being involved in a leadership and summer college program.

Yasmine Kone:

What summer program were you a part of?
I had fun this summer going to a program at NYU college call Eschool for girls.

What was your favorite memory?

I have a lot of memories from the program, and the best one was being in the class in the morning listening to music with friends and my lovely college adviser, Naomy and going to trip to meet famous people.

What did you learn? What advice would you give other students?
I learned so much and i got interesting ideas about women opening their own businesses and being successful.

Ali Shahid:

What summer program were you a part of?
I was a part of BMCC STEP college program during the summer.

What was your favorite memory?
The time when Gabriel give me a badge and the stipend of $500 and said that you should be proud of yourself. You proved those guys in those specialized high schools wrong since they were laughing because I didn’t have a good accent in english. They laughed at my SAT score because I can’t apply to Ivy league school. I never lose hope and I will prove them wrong!

I learned that nothing is impossible as long as you work for it, stop procrastinating, use your knowledge to accomplish something different than good grades.
Read books!

Brinda Kemgne:

What summer program were you a part of?
During this summer, I was part of CTE Industry Scholars program through Futures and Options. I worked at East Village Community Coalition (EVCC ). My job at EVCC was to update their website http://evccnyc.org/ because it was not as good as the director wanted it to be.

What was your favorite memory?
My favorite memory is when we visited many places like City Hall, gardens, and I attended lot of meetings with my director and the other intern.

I learned lot of things like WordPress and Mailchimp. To other students, I would tell them not to give up because I remembered when I wanted to give up because everything was just not going as well as I wanted to it to go but don’t worry because there are always teachers who will be there for you. I remember receiving support from Ms. Naomy, she was really there to encourage me when I was about to give up. I just want to thank her for everything and also Ms Katy that pushed me into that world (adult life). It was really difficult but as we always say in the end I made it! I also I want to tell them to always be thankful for everything God creates for you because he knows you can make it. I want to tell them not to be shy and to always ask questions when they don’t understand and do what they have to do not to listen to people who just want them to fail.

Julio Rivera:

What summer program were you a part of?
I interned at amazing company called Career Gear in Manhattan for 6 weeks through the CTE Industry Scholars program.

What was your favorite memory?
My favorite memory was on the last day the supervisors did a surprise party for all the co-workers and it was so kind of them to do that for us!